Lang.NEXT panel (dfix)

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 20 05:56:20 PDT 2014

On 18/06/2014 07:43, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 17/06/14 22:00, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>
>> And perhaps rightly so, one could make a case that string mixins should
>> be used sparsely? We have to realize that string mixins are very useful,
>> but are a dirty hack that is a replacement for AST macros.
>
> I fully agree, but that won't stop anyone from actually using string
> mixins ;)

Well, that's acceptable: the tool could just print a warning when it
finds strings mixins that it can't understand. I think the tool doesn't
necessarily have to work on 100% of cases to be useful. If it can work
correctly on the changes that it does do, and print a warning to the
user to manually change/check the other remaining spots, it should still
be useful.

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros