Lang.NEXT panel (dfix)

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 20 08:39:01 PDT 2014

On Friday, 20 June 2014 at 13:04:23 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> Rather, simple fix changes that would be useful if the API or
> syntax of the language changes. That's why I asked for examples
> of dfix changes (even if for hypothetical language changes) -
> to see how easily they could be implemented or not.

Well I guess most recent example is that `final` by default
proposal - marking all existing functions as virtual ones
explicitly.

Problem with dfix is that such tool can't afford to be "best
effort" implementation if it is to be used as justification for
breaking changes. It needs to provide guaranteed 0-cost
transition or someone will be inevitably unhappy about the
breakage anyway :(