Tkd - Cross platform GUI toolkit based on Tcl/Tk

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 20 11:04:06 PDT 2014

On 6/20/2014 4:37 AM, Kagamin wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 June 2014 at 19:24:15 UTC, SomeRiz wrote:
>> Visual Studio like editor for TkD :/
>
> Hmm... visual designers can usually build pixel-oriented GUI, tk uses
> layouts, which work with code a little better.

While it's been awhile since I've used visual GUI designers much, I seem
to remember them (at least the better ones anyway) being perfectly
capable of doing resizable layouts. Any limitations seemed to have more
to do with the widgets and GUI libs themselves rather than any inherent
drawback to GUI designers in general. I seem to recall doing some
resizable layouts even as far back as VB3.