DConf Day 1 Talk 6: Case Studies in Simplifying Code with Compile-Time Reflection by Atila Neves

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 20 15:04:36 PDT 2014

On 6/19/14, 5:16 AM, Joakim wrote:
>> On Thursday, 19 June 2014 at 11:04:25 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>> My connection is specified to 10 Mbps. But it depends on how large
>>> the files are. Most of the files from DConf are under around 350MB in
>>> HD quality. On the other hand, Andrei's talk from LangNext 2014 is
>>> 1.3 GB and 48 minutes long while the talk by Bjarne is 2.8 GB and 68
>>> minutes long.
>>
>> There are also 740 and 65.8 MB encodings of Andrei's talk that are
>> perfectly usable.  I should know, as I downloaded the latter.
>>  Same for Bjarne's talk, which I haven't downloaded.
>
> Sorry, I just noticed that you were only talking about "HD quality."  I
> don't know where you're getting the 350 MB figure, as all the HD
> recordings on archive.org are about 6-800 GB, but yeah, file sizes will
> vary based on the type of HD resolution and encoding used.  I wouldn't
> call any hour-long video encoded into 350 MB "HD quality" though, as
> it's likely so compressed as to look muddy.

I use archive.org because it's the only I found that accepts
full-resolution videos. -- Andrei