hap.random: a new random number library for D

Chris Cain via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 22 17:22:48 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 19 June 2014 at 21:27:17 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> I realized that it ought to be possible to allow a more direct
> drop-in replacement for std.random by adding static opCalls to
> the classes which were previously structs.
>
> Thoughts on this, in favour, against ... ?

I'd say do it and make it @deprecated ... in general, I think
allowing a "struct like constructor" for a class is bad style (at
least for std, anyway) and should be discouraged, but deprecating
it makes it an easy upgrade initially and will make it easier for
people to compare the old vs new way with their code.