My D book is now officially coming soon

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 14:50:17 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 4 March 2014 at 22:29:31 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> 3 hours? Try a week or two.

Yeah, I believe it now. Got close with my int version (shifting
the fractional portion by the exponent... works great until it
overflows adding up the bits). Tried a version with floating
point math (cast to int, print that, append . to the string,
raise the other to some power of ten, cast to int, call it done)
and even that didn't actually work right - the leading zeroes or
high exponents weren't right. Haven't even tried parsing them yet!

Yikes. I hate to admit defeat, but this has blown my time budget
to pieces. Time to give it up. :(