My D book is now officially coming soon

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Mar 4 16:20:46 PST 2014

On 3/4/14, 2:35 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/4/2014 12:46 PM, Max Klyga wrote:

>>> I don't see it in http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/new/ .
>>
>> Probably was filtered by some algorithm. Contact moderators.
>>

> yah, looks like that happened.

Messaged a moderator. The post has been approved. However the timing is
crappy so essentially the opportunity for a broad reach has been wasted.

BTW this is not something that only I can do. Anyone can politely
message the moderators and ask what happened. Had that happened earlier
(I've had a million meetings today), the impact of the post might have
been much higher.

Let me reiterate: there's a lot of good talk about helping D out.
Concurrently there are many simple, absolutely trivial tasks that are
very easy for anyone to do but add to a lot of overhead if they all fall
on the same person. Case in point, I asked for the photos of the keynote
speakers on the homepage. This is a good idea because e.g. Scott's
mugshot is instant credibility and a good selling points. Nobody found
it worth their while to do that, so I ended up doing it myself, too. It
would be awesome if there was more attention (thanks eco for the
dconf.org pull request!) paid to all things that we can crowdsource.

Thanks,

Andrei