Final version of dlang-fr released

Raphaël Jakse raphael.jakse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:25:28 PST 2014

Le 05/03/2014 23:19, "Théo Bueno" <munrek at gmx.com>" a écrit :
> On Wednesday, 5 March 2014 at 22:12:49 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>> People usually tend to spell it in English as Chereli as it looks
>> similar to how it is pronounced. Ç in Turkish is pronounced the same
>> as the first sound in "chair".

Thank you for this one.

> (I don't think French uses that speech
>> sound.)
>
> We have one which is quite similar but we need to add a "t" :
> "tch" in French equals "ch" in English.

I was surprised to see that there are few French words with "tch" :

$ grep tch /usr/share/dict/french | wc -l
45

with /usr/share/dict/french listing 139719 words on my computer (with in
mind that a great amount of words are missing from this list).

We have, for example: sketch (gag), tchèque (someone who lives in the
Czech Republic), caoutchouc (elastic), catch (a sport), match (in a
game), litchi (a fruit), dispatcher (to dispatch)

Words containing tch seems to be taken for other languages.

Talking about languages is going to become a habit here!