D/Objective-C 64bit

w0rp devw0rp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 01:06:47 PDT 2014

This is really awesome work. If you combined ARM support with
Objective C support, it would mean you could write iOS programs
in D without much frustration, and that would be a huge step
forward. Objective C has a good runtime, but lacks templates and
CTFE. Using CTFE for an iOS program could be very cool.

How do you plan to handle automatic reference counting? I imagine
that's a hard part. When I was writing Objective C I remember
having to write bridged casts so I could manually extend or limit
object lifetime, but I never handled it from within a C library.