D/Objective-C 64bit

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Wed Mar 12 12:37:06 PDT 2014

On 12 March 2014 19:29, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
> On 2014-03-12 20:02, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>
>> gobjc supports both, there's two ABI's for the NeXT - which I take to
>> mean the difference between the difference between 32bit and 64bit.
>

> You previously listed three ABI's. It's the modern runtime for 64bit and the
> traditional for 32bit with with properties that are interesting. I don't
> know how much difference these properties do.

Sorry, some context.  The two 32bit ABIs are part of the same source,
I'd take them to be identical, with the exception that the second
option supports features that are on-by-default in the 64bit ABI.

> I'm not sure I understand. Do you want to support the NeXT or GNU runtime?

As in, if I were to support NeXT.  I'd support the same as implemented
by GNU ObjC.  I'd have to look up if there are incompatibilities
between GCC > 4.3 and Clang on the ObjC side...