Bountysource activity

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 18:42:18 PDT 2014

On Friday, 14 March 2014 at 01:19:11 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Yah, I meant HOW MUCH would make the amounts interesting?

That's hard to say, but something around 5x larger would be
enough for me at least to start doing D bugs instead of taking
more PHP contracts - that'd put the bounty into decision
/shaping/ territory instead of just being a bonus on top of an
already-made decision because then it might be a viable sum of
money to cover my bills in the time it takes to do it.

Though, of course, if it sits idle in the review queue for a
year, that'd be a problem too.

I think a good move regardless would be to write up the review
criteria and link them right from the readmes so authors know
what they'll be expected to do and reviewers know what to look
for. Then new reviewers can come on and just follow the procedure
instead of deferring to the (already overloaded) handful of
people who know what to do in their heads.

This isn't a bad start:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

but could use a lot more fleshing out