Bountysource activity

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Mar 13 19:31:34 PDT 2014

On 3/13/2014 2:40 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

> The only Phobos one is the std.getopt one, however its situation is two
> abandoned patches and no clear goal as to what constitutes a change
> worthy of marking the issue as "fixed" and paying out the bounty.

Yea, this is actually a general issue I think needs addressed. Some of
the bounties can be quite unclear on what exactly is expected in order
to fulfill the bounty's requirements.

The waters are muddied even more when other people have already made
progress towards closing the issue (ex: All the years of work Don's
already put into "[CTFE] copy-on-write is slow and causes huge memory
usage").

I find there's bounties I'm more inclined to avoid just because I don't
want to step on anyone's toes. Or because if I do X and Y for a bounty,
I don't want to and worry about putting the bounty's backer in an
awkward position, or accidentally looking greedy, just because there was
also a Z I didn't know was expected (or maybe a performance improvement
wasn't *enough* of an improvement) just because the issue wasn't
well-defined.

But maybe I'm just being socially paranoid?