GDC ARM beta #1 (with binary releases!)

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Mon Mar 17 14:21:34 PDT 2014

Am Mon, 17 Mar 2014 21:14:17 +0000
schrieb "Martin" <email at address.com>:

> Hi,
>
> first of all: thanks for the great work!
>
> I've downloaded and tried the pre built toolchains for windows
> (x86 and x64) on a hello world example and while they worked -
> the executable produced the desired output - the file consisting
> of just the writeln() call is 10 MByte in size.
>
> I've just used the 'arm-gdcproject-linux-gnueabihf-gdc.exe'.
>
> Are there some additional steps that I should be doing?
>
> Take care,
> Martin

The phobos/druntime standard libraries shipped with the toolchains
contain debug information and this causes big executables. You can use

arm-gdcproject-linux-gnueabihf-strip.exe

on the file to reduce the size.
(but this also removes debug information, exception backtraces will
probably not show function names then. strip also has some options to
control what exactly is removed)