Emacs users: flycheck-dmd-dub

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+dforum at outerproduct.org
Thu Mar 20 14:51:29 PDT 2014

Am 20.03.2014 10:10, schrieb Jonas Drewsen:
> On Thursday, 20 March 2014 at 07:17:04 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> Am 19.03.2014 00:16, schrieb Atila Neves:
>>> V0.0.4 now supports both package.json and dub.json
>>>
>>> Atila
>>>

>> There is one change that I would highly recommend - using the output
>> of "dub describe" instead of directly reading dub.json:
>>
>>  - It's planned to add an SDL based format, which otherwise then would
>>    also have to be supported
>
> I currently have a tool that read and writes the dub.json files. What
> would you suggest for this tool since "describe" would only solve the
> reading part and not the writing. Furthermore adding SDL format as well
> doubles the effort for this. Is dub usable as a library so that this
> wouldn't be a problem?
>
> /Jonas

Yes, it has been built to be usable as a library, although there are
certain parts of the API that are not yet considered full quality. But
package file reading and writing using the "Package" class works fine
and is already used by some other projects, such as the package registry.

Having said that, there are of course cases where processing the JSON
file directly isn't really problematic. It just may not be the best idea
to rebuild the dependency and platform logic as long as the package
format isn't fully stable.