Soon Nick will be $75 richer...

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Mar 20 15:49:05 PDT 2014

On 3/20/2014 3:27 PM, John Colvin wrote:
> On Thursday, 20 March 2014 at 19:12:29 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 19 March 2014 at 05:40:22 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>>
>>> Speaking of, I learned a lot about DMD's inliner while doing that, so
>>> I've posted an explanation of it on the Wiki:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.dlang.org/DMD_Source_Guide#Inliner
>>>
>>> Since it's based mainly on what I sussed out from looking at the
>>> source, it could probably use a look-over by a DMD guru in case I've
>>> misunderstood anything.
>>
>> Awesome write-up. Very informative.
>
> +1
>
> Imagine if the whole of the compiler/runtime was documented this well...

Glad to hear it's well-received!

I highly encourage anyone who's first diving into an unfamiliar section
of DMD or druntime to post what they've learned to the Wiki:

I think that's a prime time to do so, when the new knowledge is still
fresh in your mind. It really helps you digest all of it and identify
any unexpected gaps in your own knowledge. Plus, others can help correct
any misunderstandings, and any aspects of the code that turn out to be
difficult for newcomers to grasp can be better identified.