Article: Functional image processing in D

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Fri Mar 21 21:29:53 PDT 2014

On Friday, 21 March 2014 at 18:40:10 UTC, ponce wrote:
> On Friday, 21 March 2014 at 11:04:58 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
> wrote:
>> http://blog.thecybershadow.net/2014/03/21/functional-image-processing-in-d/
>>
>> Some highlights from a recent overhaul of the graphics package
>> from my D library. It makes use of a number of D-specific
>> language features, so I've tried to make the article
>> accessible to people new to D as well.
>
> One more remarks:
>
> Have you considered "infinite" View which, much like infinite
> InputRanges would lack lacking the w and h property?
>
> It would allow:
>    - infinite procedural()
>    - support different border-modes when sampling outside of
> the allowed rectangle (eg. mirror, repeat, clamp_to_edge like
> OpenGL does with textures). This could be done with a function
> taking a View and returning an infinite View from it.
>    - probably other uses I don't think of

I've thought about it. Ultimately you'll want to crop it at some
point or another, so I think it makes sense if there were
operations you'd want to do on an infinite view where cropping
will get in the way.

The library has a tiling view, which is infinite in concept but
currently in effect it immediately crops the infinite view it
creates.

I would probably have to rename the isView template to
isFiniteView, and many operations expect a finite view...