Delight Programming Language

Rikki Cattermole alphaglosined at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 05:48:28 PDT 2014

On Friday, 28 March 2014 at 11:59:47 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> If it's just a preprocessor, I guess string mixins with delight
> don't compile.

In theory there should be no reason it cannot. Assuming its not
doing something like reading files (note you can catch this and
say not at CTFE).
Proof that a preprocessor can be used for this [0].

Yes a macro preprocessor that runs at compile time.

[0] https://github.com/rikkimax/ctfepp/blob/master/source/main.d

I'm asking because from experience the difference in design
between allowing it to run at CTFE and not is quite big. And
without getting heavy into it and understanding the code base I
cannot go confirm that.