finally using D at work

extrawurst stephan at extrawurst.org
Sat Mar 29 06:31:34 PDT 2014

On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 19:56:57 UTC, extrawurst wrote:
> As a long time D fanboy I was known to say "That is quite
> simple in D" a lot at work!
> Now I was finally able to convience my boss (our CTO) to take a
> serious look at D as a replacement for the parts of our
> infrastructure that use nodejs right now.
> After my series of blog posts about this topic and a short
> presentation I did in the office he finally announced quite
> publicly today that we are in fact going to use D:
> https://twitter.com/Mavwarf/status/432962351059316736
>
> So our next online game will be powered by some parts in D ;)
> Yay!
> Exciting times!

A couple of weeks have past and I wanted to give you a follow up:
After a few of days watching and ironing out some quirks our
company officially launched the first component in our framework
that is actually D based:
https://twitter.com/Mavwarf/status/448828478163804160

In the back there are already 3 separate webservices that are
built upon vibe.d running in the amazon cloud.
We really like how clean the design became and how well it
scales. The next services are already planned.
These are all new components that we used to give D an honest try
and we are already confident that the existing (old) modules will
gradually be reimplemented using D. This is great stuff for my
dconf talk!