finally using D at work

Rikki Cattermole alphaglosined at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 07:20:51 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 29 March 2014 at 13:51:40 UTC, extrawurst wrote:
> On Saturday, 29 March 2014 at 13:36:01 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
> wrote:
>>
>> Just out of interest but, how useful would it be for you if
>> you could generate javascript code that can automatically call
>> via ajax a route? Same goes for data models with querying it.
>
> You mean if vibe.d could deliver the website with the correct
> calls injected into it ?
> That sounds useful when using vibe.d like that. But I am
> actually not familiar with that side of it, we use vibe.d for
> the REST api layer in the backend that the website uses but the
> page it self is delivered using conventional apache/php.

I'm currently toying with it in Cmsed. As I already have most of
the information available it seems a waste. That and I'm already
generating the javascript modal versions of the data models
registered.

If you're interested in a case its currently working [0]. Note I
haven't actually tested the outputted Javascript but I'm pretty
sure it is valid and pretty easy to fix if not.
I'm very interested in how streamlining of web development could
be done. Especially for removing menial tasks like this can be
done.

[0] https://gist.github.com/rikkimax/9831506