warp: a fast C and C++ preprocessor

Brian Rogoff brogoff at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 21:56:02 PDT 2014

On Monday, 31 March 2014 at 03:25:37 UTC, justme wrote:
> On Monday, 31 March 2014 at 00:09:34 UTC, Leandro Lucarella
> wrote:
>
>> I mean, if someone wants to have fun, go ahead, but putting
>> community
>> effort on that where there are so many places that are more
>> important to
>> put the effort on seems a bit silly.

Agreed.

> Walter taking 2 weeks to do something comparable to what the
> clang and gcc guys have done over many years, serves as massive
> advertising for D.

Maybe, but sober observers will realize that Walter could
probably have done something similar in C++. That doesn't negate
your point though, that it's a good ad for D.

> Also, here we now have an entire project written by the man
> himself. That should serve as required reading for anybody who
> wants to learn how to code in the latest D.

I made a first pass through. I notice that almost every 'alias'
is of the form

   alias existing_name new_name;

I thought that in the latest D the alias syntax was

   alias new_name = existing_name;

Should I be following Walter's lead with respect to alias?