GDC binaries updated

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun May 4 03:14:54 PDT 2014

On 4 May 2014 10:38, Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
> We've just uploaded new binary releases to
> http://gdcproject.org/downloads/
>
> ## GDC changes ##
>
> As we merged the first parts of Daniel Greens MinGW changes
> back into GDC we now also provide initial (automated) MinGW builds.
> These builds are mostly unsupported and will likely have many more bugs
> than the older releases posted by Daniel so don't expect too much.
>
> Other changes:
> * Fixed gcc.attribute
> * Added support for target attributes (import gcc.attribute;
>   @attribute("naked"))  http://wiki.dlang.org/GDC/Using_GDC#Attributes
>
> See https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/commits/master for more
> details
>
> ## Toolchain changes ##
> * Changed file permissions of toolchains to read/write
> * Added READMEs to all toolchains
> * Toolchain binaries ($TARGET-gdc) now show the build date,
>   DMDFE version, and gdc git revision in --version output
>
> ## ARM changes ##
> The arm native compilers should now run on older ARMv5 processors as
> well. (Generated D code already worked on these processors, but the gdc
> compiler did not run correctly on these systems)

## Backend changes ##

Debug generation changes are now stable.
Notable improvements:
- Debug generation of module / import statements are complete.  Only
missing GDB changes to effectively use them.
- Methods can now be seen as part of a class/struct
- Inheritance of class members and base objects are now correctly constructed.
- Manifest constants (limited to scalars only) are now visible in debug.

Also improved use of GDC with DUB, various fixes with all-at-once
compilation and our warning/error/deprecation diagnostic model.

Regards
Iain.