My D book is now officially coming soon

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 6 09:08:43 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 6 May 2014 at 15:28:01 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
> Everything sounds great, really can't wait. Coming from C++ I
> am really interested in resource management. I still can't find
> myself in non-deterministic d-tor / GC world (and recent
> discussion on removal of d-tors entirely isn't helping ;P).

Actually, my main recommendation is to try not to worry about it
and love the GC! When it works, it really is pretty nice, and I
find it works well enough in most places to be really useful.

But when it isn't right for you, then the other options come in
and I showed some tricks to do it. Move semantics, for example,
might not be obvious but is easy once you see the trick: disable
the postblit and provide a release method. So that's the kind of
stuff the chapter focuses on.