Tkd - Cross platform GUI toolkit based on Tcl/Tk

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu May 8 12:41:57 PDT 2014

On 5/8/2014 1:46 PM, Gary Willoughby wrote:

> If you're building the next Steam or Spotify use Qt/Gtk.

Or better yet, don't. Steam's UI is terrible. Clicking search
suggestions often does nothing, the search result paging is goofy as
hell and very impractical, the whole thing's absurdly sluggish, in
general ignores any and all system settings, menu dropdowns open upon
hover instead of click, and, oh yea, my trackpad's scrolling gestures
don't even fucking work on it (they work fine on nearly anything else).

That's all just off the top of my head. From what I've seen of Tk so
far, Steam would have been *far* better if it had used it instead of
going to the bother of reinventing everything really, really badly.
(Well, at least Steam isn't all-green anymore like it used to be :/ )