10 Years of Derelict

Kyle Hunter via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri May 16 19:04:22 PDT 2014

When I choose a programming language to work on a problem, one of
the factors I look at is whether there are enough tools and
libraries to construct a solution in a reasonable amount of time.

Back when I was looking at D for game development – and I still
am – there was Derelict. And now, there still is Derelict.
Without it, I probably would've wrote D off for this specific
task.

I'm hoping in another few years, we'll have nice idiomatic D
wrappers on top of Derelict for most things. There are a lot of
promising projects out there, many that are quite nice already
(gfm, for example). Derelict oft serves as the basis for these
projects, eliminating a lot of the front load.

Thanks to Mike Parker and all of the other contributors for
developing and maintaining Derelict for these 10 long years.

Regards,
Kelet