OpenGL Examples in D and a birth of a New Initiative

Kiith-Sa via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon May 19 14:08:24 PDT 2014

On Monday, 19 May 2014 at 20:44:59 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On 5/19/14, Colden Cullen via Digitalmars-d-announce
> <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>> This is such a great effort to see!
>
> I'm liking the enthusiasm!
>
> Btw, I'm currently porting the Box2D physics engine to D. I've
> already
> ported Chipmunk a while ago, but Box2D has its own benefits.
> E.g. it
> has continuous collision detection which allows bullet-style
> physics
> without worry about physical shapes "disappearing from the
> screen".
> Box2D is also a C++ library, whereas Chipmunk is a C library.
>
> I'm close to being done. I have some debugging to do and the
> complete
> test-suite is almost entirely ported.

Box2D would be awesome. I'm about to start a project that would
greatly benefit from good 2D physics (I used simple AABB till now
simply because physics is too much of a PITA)

How do you port 20kloc in 2 days?
D:YAML took me months (although it was python w/ some dynamic
classes)