OpenGL Examples in D and a birth of a New Initiative

Colden Cullen via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon May 19 14:22:10 PDT 2014

On Monday, 19 May 2014 at 21:19:12 UTC, Kiith-Sa wrote:
> Is performance not a problem so far?
> I did avoid unnecessary allocations but it still does use the
> GC quite a bit (I plan to eventually change that and add some
> other optimizations but I'd like std.allocator to be in phobos
> first and I didn't find it too slow for my own projects yet).

No, not at all. Aside from the debug-only auto reloads, which
only reload changed files, we only read from the YAML at
initialization, which we haven't even thought about optimizing
yet. So the short answer is no, it's been plenty fast.