DlangUI

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 20 19:50:45 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 20 May 2014 at 22:18:14 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
> Nice work.
> Some days ago,I test the hello world ,it need 19M Memory
> Usage,but now,it's 31M,maybe have some error?
> Thank you.
> Nice work.
:)

Not as bad as you expected.

Tried win32 release build w/o USE_SDL and USE_OPENGL version
constants (using win32 API only).

helloworld.exe executable size 813k, memory 6.6M on start
example1.exe executable size 847k, memory 6.7M on start
As I see, memory consumption grows while app is working.
Probably, extra GC allocations, or some resources leaking.

Can be reduced a bit, e.g. by moving to libpng from libfreeimage.

Main limitation here - app needs buffer for 32bit RGBA bitmap
buffer to draw into.