Online D Course

John via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed May 21 20:28:03 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 21 May 2014 at 23:04:10 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:

> -----
> This trial experience is free of chargeā€”at least for the first
> ten days, with 200 minutes access to all our training courses.
> After that, it will convert to a monthly paid subscription.
> -----
>
> So what if you attempt to cancel your subscription but they
> don't respond in time? It smells like snake oil to me.

The pluralsight's trial period is very restrictive when compared
to lynda.
That 200 minutes is not enough to watch the 5 hrs video tutorial
on D. So one has to get ready to shell out the $29 for a month so
that he/she can watch this and a ton of other useful stuff. That
is what I did and now hooked for good!

Anyway, hats off to Pluralsight for this course. They have 4,700
corporate customers and 340,000 users in over 125 countries. A
lot of them might notice D for the first time!

I wish this course is also listed under "Programming Languages"
just like the course on Go. Currently it is only under C++

Btw, If I remember correctly, it stopped working after the 200
minutes trial. I had to explicitly choose to start my real paid
usage. YMMV.