Scott Meyers' DConf 2014 keynote "The Last Thing D Needs"

Brian Schott via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 27 13:03:41 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 19:44:01 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> Really? What I got out of it was that D doesn't need people
> like him because his job is to explain the inconsistencies of
> the language. By designing a consistent language in the first
> place, people can readily understand it in all context thereby
> eliminating the need for people like him.

Another point is that D is still small enough that we have time
to fix things before they get out of control.

(One of my favorite parts of this talk is when he points out that
you need parenthesis in a specific kind of lambda just because
the committee forgot to update the grammar specification.)