Dconf 2014 talks - when to be available

Leandro Lucarella via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed May 28 01:57:52 PDT 2014

Saurabh Das, el 28 de May a las 03:54 me escribiste:
> On Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 23:48:44 UTC, currysoup wrote:
> >On Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 23:08:01 UTC, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> >>Ali Çehreli, el 27 de May a las 10:40 me escribiste:

> >>I think they should be uploaded all ASAP and then you can do
> >>"official"
> >>announcements in reddit or wherever you thinks it's best to
> >>promote the
> >>language. But really, introducing artificial waiting time for
> >>people
> >>ALREADY interested and using the language in the name of
> >>marketing is
> >>really annoying!
> >
> >I agree 100%. Educating people currently interested is as
> >important as marketing.
>
> I actually prefer the slow release of the videos - it gives me
> enough time to digest each talk and discuss it before the next one
> grabs mine and everyone else's attention. I think releasing one
> video every few days leads to much more in-depth discussion on the
> forum as well.

Nodoby is stopping you from doing that with what I proposed. All you
have to do is still do the one-every-few-days "official" releases, with
a nice announcement. It could be called "featured talk of today" or
whatever.

Just because some people need some time digest talks it makes NO SENSE
to have all the rest of the people that doesn't have that problem FORCED
to wait. Seriously.