Per popular demand, here are Adam D Ruppe's presentation slides

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed May 28 07:33:38 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 05:23:03 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> I always chalked it up to the whole "nerd" thing: Inverse
> relationship in outgoingness between in-person vs
> semi-anonymous.

I don't think I'm /that/ much different; I rarely start threads,
for example, but will talk in replies, which is analogous to
waiting for someone else to approach me in person then having the
discussion before going back into the shadows once it runs its
course.

I also lurk on forums for a pretty long time before posting,
similarly to how I sit quietly in bigger groups until I get to
know the people (and generally until someone on the inside takes
me under their wing).