Scott Meyers' DConf 2014 keynote "The Last Thing D Needs"

anonymous_me via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed May 28 07:39:53 PDT 2014

On Wed, 28 May 2014 04:48:09 +0000, Jesse Phillips wrote:

> On Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 16:42:35 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/26m8hy/scott_meyers_dconf_2014_keynote_the_last_thing_d/
>>
>> https://news.ycombinator.com/newest (search that page, if not
>> found click "More" and search again)
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/dlang.org/posts/855022447844771
>>
>> https://twitter.com/D_Programming/status/471330026168651777
>>

>> Andrei
>
> I did a translation of most of the code in the slides.
>
> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/72b5cfcb72e4
>
> I'm planning to transform it into blog post (or series). Right
> now it just has some scratch notes. Feel free to let me know
> everything I got wrong.

The first line:

  int x2; // (at global scope)

The x2 resides in Thread Local Storage (TLS). A __gshared would put it in global scope.
Still initialized to int.init which is zero.