Scott Meyers' DConf 2014 keynote "The Last Thing D Needs"

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed May 28 19:38:55 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 28 May 2014 at 04:48:11 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> I did a translation of most of the code in the slides.
>
> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/72b5cfcb72e4
>
> I'm planning to transform it into blog post (or series). Right
> now it just has some scratch notes. Feel free to let me know
> everything I got wrong.

Hoping someone can confirm or deny this thought.

     int x2prime = void; // (at global scope)

Since x2prime is module variable, I would expect that the
compiler will always initialize this to 0 since there isn't
really a performance hit. Or is using void guarantee it won't get
initialized (so much value in that guarantee)?