Scott Meyers' DConf 2014 keynote "The Last Thing D Needs"

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu May 29 01:31:44 PDT 2014

On 05/29/2014 12:59 AM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:

 > So, unfortunately, I think that we're stuck.

You make it sound like there is a problem. ;)

 > I don't see much of an argument for why it makes any sense for static
array
 > dimensions be read from right-to-left in declarations.

Language does not say anything about how people read declarations. Both
static array dimensions and indexing are consistent currently in D.

When declaring, it is always

     Type[length]

when indexing it is always

     arr[index]

Note that there is no such thing as a multi-dimensional array in C, C++,
or D. Hence, there is no reading from any direction; there is a simple
and consistent syntax.

Ali