Adam D. Ruppe's "D Cookbook" now available!

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu May 29 06:57:40 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 29 May 2014 at 13:01:50 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
> Later in same chapter: "... or being collected by the garbage
> collector—its destructor is called, if present."
>
> Is that really true?

hmm, you seem to be right, but this might be a bug. I'm pretty
sure the struct dtors were called on arrays not long ago but it
isn't really reliable with the GC (My weasel word there is
"provably", sometimes the GC can't prove there are no references;
false pointers etc) but still blargh this current reality seems
weird.