Scott Meyers' DConf 2014 keynote "The Last Thing D Needs"

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu May 29 07:28:59 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 29 May 2014 at 11:08:03 UTC, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> I think void means "you don't know what the
> value is", not "is a random value" or "a value different from
> the
> default" (which is impossible for stack values, at least if the
> idea
> behind void is to avoid the extra runtime cost ;).

The language docs state, "If the Initializer is void, however,
the variable is not initialized." Which I suspect is false in the
case of module scope and as Steven pointed out, other times doing
special "don't init" is costly.