Scott Meyers' DConf 2014 keynote "The Last Thing D Needs"

Brian Schott via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu May 29 11:52:52 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 29 May 2014 at 18:12:10 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> And no, it doesn't matter how the current frontend implements
> it, because you can argue next to any decisions this way.

When issues like this come up the spec is almost always changed
to match the DMD front end instead of the other way around.

Why are we afraid of breaking code that relied on behavior that
was not in the language specification? That makes it almost
impossible to fix accepts-invalid bugs.