DGui is alive

Denis Shelomovskij via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri May 30 02:05:20 PDT 2014

26.05.2014 23:08, Andre пишет:
> On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 07:20:49 UTC, Denis Shelomovskij
> wrote:
>> 20.05.2014 17:46, FrankLike пишет:
>>> DGui need some other controls,such as
>>> imageButton,DataView,GridView....e.t.c.
>>
>> There is no plan to add new controls and I don't see any lacking ones.
>>
>> One can use `paint` event to draw image on button and there is
>> `GridPanel` (with usage example `grid.d`) so I don't understand why
>> `GridView` is needed and what is its purpose. Also I don't know what
>> is `DataView` for.
>
> DGui is really fantastic, it is easy to use and without a big
> overhead. What I experienced, developers coming from other
> frameworks might miss a horizontal/vertical layout. This would be
> much easier than using a grid for this purpose. Also some more
> examples could boost the popularity of DGui. Especially, how can
> I create create my own controls?

Horizontal/vertical layout can be achieved using `Control.dock` property.

I will think about examples and documentation improvements.

> What would be really nice for business developer would be a
> specific Stringgrid control (like delphi/lazarus has). Here an
> example http://i.stack.imgur.com/FJFiN.gif

Use `ListView` and `TreeView` classes.

> Do you accept pull requests if developers provide you new stuff
> for DGui?

Yes, but I strongly recommend to contact me first to plan and
synchronize activities to prevent useless time wasting.

--
Денис В. Шеломовский
Denis V. Shelomovskij