Adam D. Ruppe's "D Cookbook" now available!

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri May 30 06:25:27 PDT 2014

On Friday, 30 May 2014 at 11:25:45 UTC, Chris wrote:
> If you already know D, you don't need to read it
> cover-to-cover. Just read the sexy bits :)

Yea, I also tried to keep the dependencies on previous content to
a minimum or at the least, explicit to make jumping around that
much easier.

That said though, after the first few pages, I tried to say
things that are at least interesting to the target intermediate+
audience; like page one talks about installing dmd, boring, but
by page 4 I tried to answer a FAQ about modules and also worked
my agenda to clear up the directory structure common
misconception "Modules have logical names that do not need to
match the filename." which is something you can get work done
without knowing; it might be new even to someone who has used D
before and understanding this can make sense of a number of
compile/link errors that come up.

So, while I feel chapters one and two are the weakest links (and
I definitely dropped the ball on editing the code on chapter
one), hopefully none of the stuff is outright useless even if
you've seen it before and have read the website documentation.