Scott Meyers' DConf 2014 keynote "The Last Thing D Needs"

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat May 31 10:49:16 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 31 May 2014 at 07:32:22 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> What do you mean "D does not provide a decltype"?
>
> typeof(cx) my_cx2 = cx;

I'll blame this on my poor knowledge of C++, at this time typeof
in C++ does not appear to compile, in the way I'm trying to use
it. I thought using typeof in C++ would result in the same answer
as the deduction auto provides.

 From that point of view, there is no need for decltype, because
typeof already gives you the actual type in D (which will be the
same as the type at declaration).