D/Objective-C 64bit

Michel Fortin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 4 14:46:07 PST 2014

On 2014-11-01 10:47:54 +0000, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> said:

> On 2014-11-01 01:58, Michel Fortin wrote:
>
>> That said, there are other parts of D/Objective-C that could pose
>> difficulties to existing languages tools, some syntactic (__selector, or
>> "this.class" to get the metaclass)
>
> "this.class" could perhaps be called "this.classof", at least that's
> valid syntax. Although I don't know what to do about __selector.

Once this is merged in DMD, __selector could be documented to be
syntactically identical to a delegate (although semantically different)
and it could be made syntactically valid for regular D code compiled
with no Objective-C support (although it'd remain semantically
invalid). That'd allow you to hide it in version blocks and static ifs.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.ca
http://michelf.ca