Devisualization and DWC

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 7 03:58:47 PST 2014

On 8/11/2014 12:48 a.m., Kagamin wrote:
> On Friday, 7 November 2014 at 10:48:46 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
>> - Native GUI controls (such as the menu for OSX)
>
> D native or OS native?

Short answer:
Basically it should use the native implementation if possible otherwise
it should use the non native version.

Long answer:
I'll use the example of OSX with the menu.
OSX has a specialized menu as part of its UI which all applications are
meant to use.
On this case it should use this. But on a platform such as Windows, if
there is no context it can freely use the native menu system. But if it
has a context it should emulate it via e.g. OpenGL like it wasn't native.
Then of course is X11 which case it would be OpenGL as their is no
native version of it.