Blog Post - Reducing vibe.d turnaround time (Part 1 Faster Linking)

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 17 16:39:01 PST 2014

On 11/01/2014 10:02 PM, "Nordlöw" wrote:

> Could you add a reference on how to DUB-build a library as dynamic
> instead of static library to easy the process for newcomers?

Not really, as I said in the article.

 > Shared libraries are still a bit cumbersome to use with dub though.

Basically I just used dub -v to pick up the compile commands and
exchanged -lib with -fPIC -shared.

I think you can also change vibe.d's dub.json to use targetType:
dynamicLibrary and also add -fPIC there. Then you'd still need to change
your LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This should all be integrated into dub at once we
move forward with shared libraries.