Devisualization.Image

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 18 02:04:12 PST 2014

On 18/11/2014 10:37 p.m., Timur Gafarov wrote:
> 15.11.2014 07:48, Rikki Cattermole пишет:
>> To further Devisualization, I have got the start of an image library.
>> It should be fairly interface complete now.
>>
>> For this I really could use help from anyone with experience with PNG
>> especially with Adam7 interlacing and color correction such as gamma.
>> Currently missing an exporter. Only imports. Does not import grayscale
>> or palleted.
>>
>> Goal: to act as the image representation within memory (including
>> colors).
>> Usage:
>> Devisualization.Window uses it for window icon's (untested for x11 can
>> somebody confirm this does indeed work?).
>> Devisualization.Font heavily uses it for glyphs and the output of its
>> rasterization.
>>
>> [0] https://github.com/Devisualization/image
>
> I have working PNG export in my image processing package, part of dlib:
> https://github.com/gecko0307/dlib
> There're also importers for BMP and TGA.

Hmm I see.
There is quite a few incompatibilities so porting or reusing isn't
really an option without hitting the filesystem at this time. Unfortunately.

While I like the idea of dlib, I'm not a fan of all encompassing
libraries atleast now (yes yes I know Cmsed and all). I don't feel
adding a dependency on the entire package is worth it.

However by the looks of things, you definitely have better quality code.
At the very least some way to convert between the two e.g. SuperImage
and my Image would be worth it.