DerelictSASS

Lodin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 24 09:32:35 PST 2014

On Sunday, 23 November 2014 at 19:36:16 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> For more D features I would add a thin layer on top of the raw
> bindings. Like creating wrappers for functions accepting C
> strings and have them accept D strings instead.
Yes, I think, there should be more layers, more D-ish
constructions, but on top of binding, not inside it. I think, it
could be more useful for someone who is not satisfied by existing
wrappers.

On Monday, 24 November 2014 at 00:40:39 UTC, Colden Cullen wrote:
> On Saturday, 22 November 2014 at 12:32:50 UTC, Lodin wrote:
>
> This looks great! I plan on using it to build a diet plugin,
> just like Martin's coffee-script plugin[1]. Any chance you
> could register it on the Dub Registry[2] though? It would make
> using this a lot easier.
>
> [1] https://github.com/MartinNowak/diet-coffee
> [2] http://code.dlang.org/
Of course, I want to register it, but I think it should be a part
of Derelict Project, not unofficial binding. What should I do to
realize it?

And one thing about the diet plugin. I plan to make thin wrapper
around binding to simplify using. Something like `sassc` which
allows using libsass from console with options. Of course, it
should be useful like a library too. Is the diet plugin a same
thing? Or should it be the next layer around wrapper?