D is for Data Science

CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 28 14:57:30 PST 2014

On Friday, 28 November 2014 at 22:41:12 UTC, Tomer Rosenschtein
wrote:
> On Friday, 28 November 2014 at 22:31:19 UTC, CraigDillabaugh
> wrote:
>> On Friday, 28 November 2014 at 22:00:21 UTC, bearophile wrote:
>>> Tomer Rosenschtein:

>>> The D code is not good.
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>> bearophile
>>
>> Maybe not good by the standards of this group, but it does
>> represent the efforts of someone doing 'real work', so I think
>> it is worthwhile.
>>
>> I would bet that 'in the wild' there is a lot more D code that
>> looks like that than what might be considered good, idiomatic
>> D.
>>
>> Craig
>
> I understand why D is still underground.The guy use R, by
> miracle he suddently test a strong typed-compiled-lang and he
> concludes: "well, those compiled lang seem interesting...".
> Then Someone post this here, on reddit, on HackerNews...
>
> And Miracle!
>
> Everybody thinks it's awesome.
> Common...

You're the one that called it awesome!  I don't think anyone here
was overly excited about it, but we are always happy to see D get
good press.

Maybe the guy the wrote the article is just an average
programmer, but hey most of the programmers in the world are
average programmers - so this article could appeal to that
segment of the market.