crate.d a draft for a mvc library

Dylan Knutson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 29 16:20:55 PST 2014

On Thursday, 27 November 2014 at 19:16:24 UTC, gedaiu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the last weeks I tried to make a draft for a mvc library. I
> tried to take advantage of templates, uda and ctfe to make the
> interaction with the database and the routing easier. There is
> still a lot of work to do for making it ready to work in
> production... but anyway.. what do you think?
>
> https://github.com/gedaiu/crate.d
>
> Thanks,
> Bogdan

Hi,

I noticed you had your own templating library to parse the .dh
files, so I thought I'd mention my project Temple which does
something similar: https://github.com/dymk/temple
It's perhaps a bit more feature complete, and can handle stuff
like capturing blocks of code, render to arbitrary output ranges,
etc. That being said, your solution is very nice; it's amazing
what you can do in so few lines of code in D :)

MongoModel in the model part of crate.d is interesting, and I'm
glad to see there's a more structured way of interacting with
MongoDB than just poking at untyped objects. I think D is still
missing a really good ORM (Rikki's dvorm is a start), but there's
nothing out there that conforms to the "activerecord" pattern as
far as I can tell.