[OT Security PSA] Shellshock: Update your bash, now!

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 1 10:38:05 PDT 2014

On 1 October 2014 18:12, Steven Schveighoffer via
Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 10/1/14 12:57 PM, Kagamin wrote:
>>
>> On Wednesday, 1 October 2014 at 15:48:58 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>>>
>>> This claim is so strange I can't even understand what it is about.
>>> Which repositories get abandoned?
>>

>> Repositories of the not latest version of the OS. Because only latest
>> version receives development. That is, if the OS doesn't have rolling
>> updates.
>

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS

One nice thing about Ubuntu is that they even give you access to
future kernel versions through what they call HWE.  In short, I can
run a 14.04 LTS kernel on a 12.04 server, so that I'm able to use
modern hardware and take advantage of software that uses features of
Linux that are actively worked on (like LXC) on an older software
stack.

Iain.