[OT Security PSA] Shellshock: Update your bash, now!

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 1 11:42:40 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 1 October 2014 at 17:07:53 UTC, eles wrote:
> For how long will the repository taken down? 24 hours? 3 days?

As long as nobody works on it, i.e. forever.

> You speak about Red Hat or Debian or Ubuntu repositories? And?
> You cannot live without the super-updates for 3 days?
>
> The problem that you expose is negligible.

I don't update software without a reason. Only when something
bugs me.

> Most of them, have. And for the release-style distributions,
> upgrade is rather straightforward

A have linux mint 12 installation with mint4win (wubi), on linux
mint forums I was told, that updating from the latest repository
won't work. I would be grateful, if you explain, how to upgrade
it to the latest version. Yeah, theoretically it should be able
to just overwrite files on disk without paying much attention to
disk nature.