[OT Security PSA] Shellshock: Update your bash, now!

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 2 04:12:10 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 2 October 2014 at 07:43:54 UTC, eles wrote:
> update-manager -d
>
> It works.

Does it perform package upgrade? The comments are rather scary:
---
Hi, I have installed Linux mint 15 with Mint4Win as Dual boot
with Windows 7.
Then upgraded it to Mint 16 and it was running fine.
But when I upgrade to Mint 17 (Qiana), after restarting the
partition loop0 (or loopback0 or something like that) fails to
load.
It shows an error like, Press I to ignore, S to skip or M for
manual recovery.

Please tell me a way to fix this.
Or let me know if it is not possible.
---

Looks like my case. Are fstab and mtab replaced during upgrade?